Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Color Me Creative Spring Card

I think it has taken me three weeks to complete this card for the CMC Challenge. It is my first online challenge card. I have only made one other card for a contest and that was at our local craft store.

What seemed easy to do at first, ended up more complicated than I thought. I look at all the cards that people post and they are SO complex. I have to admit, I don't care for the cards that have a million and one things on them. First of all, it is just too busy for me. Secondly, all I can think of is, "Holy cats! That is a lot of money sitting there in trinkets!".

I thought the hardest part was going to be finding the right stamp to use. I ended up purchasing a set from Darcie's. That ended up being the easiest part! After that, it was finding the paper, the Copics...which I didn't own any aqua colors, so I had to buy some, then trying to embellish it a bit.

Needless to say, I think by the online community's tastes, it is not nearly embellished enough, but I like it. :) I think she turned out cute and I love the color combo!


 
After posting this, I found another challenge with a spring them. Di's Digi's is having an Easter/Spring challenge, so I am going to post her there too! So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment